Sunday, March 20, 2016

Eating Our Way Through Portland

 We had to make a stop at VooDoo Doughnuts.  It's in a unsuspecting part of town and while the neighborhood is dirty and a tad off putting....you can't deny the whimsy and cleverness of it all. 
 The kids were delighted with all the funky choices they had. 
 And fascinated by the shop itself.  I felt like I was not really cool enough to be there but they still took our money. 
 Our choices.  Because who needs dinner anyhow.  Doughnuts for dinner on vacation, right?
 Lauren loving her pick!  I found out later that night on Instagram that my dear friend Kat from college was there with her family just mere minutes after we were!  I haven't seen her since her wedding and that would have been SO COOL to run into her!  I was bummed to say the least.
 Dan and I practicing our pouty faces in our efforts to


We really found this book to be helpful for our trip:


0 comments: