Saturday, June 25, 2011

Wasting Summer!

I have been in bed for the past 5 days - I have been knocked down hard with strep throat.  
 (This is what I look like when I'm sick....)

Like - so sick I contemplated lying down on the FLOOR of the InstaCare waiting room.  
I swear if I find out who gave this to me they are getting a big pile of garbage on their porch.  My poor kids have had the worst week of summer ever with me being out for the count.  
Thankfully my cute mom has helped a ton and Dan was able to work from home one day to help out. 

So the boys got to go see Cars 2 last night without me (sad, it looked so cute and we all love the first one) and today Lauren is out shopping with grandma while the boys go hang out with Dan and my dad downtown.

Grumble grumble. 

I've been converted to trash tv out of boredom and I am now a fan of Dog the Bounty Hunter and I'm watching Teen Mom in complete shock.  I've decided that my children will now be offered a full ride scholarship to any college of their choice if they can refrain from producing grandchildren before they obtain a degree.

Seriously.

6 comments:

kjtroxel said...

I am so sorry you are still sick. I have actually watched both of those shows LOL

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry you're sick! I was just sick and throwing up this last week so I truly empathize with you! It is the worst being sick in the summer time when everyone else is out and it's sunny. Get better soon and let me know if I can bring you anything to cheer you up!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry our sick! Try to enjoy your smut TV though because when you feel better you will be more prone to feeling guilty for watching it. When your sick it's hard to feel guilty about what you watch. Do you need anything? If this isn't better by next week-call me and the boys and Lauren can come play with us!

Kitty said...

Strep Throat is the worst. I hope you are feeling better.

hugs,
Fritzi Marie

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Still have a GREAT sense of humor even though you are sick. Feel better.

Chris said...

You poor thing! Who gets sick with strep in the summer? Come on! However, if I looked like that while I was sick, I don't know that I'd mind so much. Thinking of you, friend. Get better soon!