Sunday, August 21, 2011

Popcorn on the Cob - Fresh from the Farm!

 I seriously love farm stands, farmers markets, etc.  It just feels nice to hand your money over to the person who earned it, not just the checker who asks if you need stamps. 
Isn't this place just cute?  They sell all sorts of great things here, delicious sweet corn, fruit from all over Utah, their own sugar seedless watermelons and grass fed beef as well. 
 On Saturday Greg and I picked up some popcorn on the cob.  It's only $1 per cob and such a fun treat to make!
 All you need is 1 paper bag and the corn
 Place 1 cob into the paper bag...
 Fold over tightly....
 Place on its side, fold down, in the microwave for 2 to 2.5 minutes.  Listen for the BANG!  POP!  
Lauren thought this part was quite exciting!
Out comes white fluffy and delicious popcorn that is way more healthy than what comes in a bag from the store.  
(Of course we might have added a shake or two of salt...)

Have you ever made this kind of popcorn before?  
We are going back for more next week!

2 comments:

Jen Hansen said...

After I saw this post, I had to take my girls to go get some! So much fun, and with a little butter and salt, delicious!

Anonymous said...

What the!? How come I never knew you could do this! That is so fun and now we are going to have to try it. By the way-I feel ya on being sick in the summer. I have been under the weather for the past 2 days and kept thinking how lucky I am that all I have is a cold-you had to do strep twice! You poor thing!