Friday, March 15, 2013

Model Home Tour #2

Second on our stop yesterday was Candlelight Homes.  
They have a few here and there lots to build on where we were at. 
This was their Sun Valley model
 First stop...living/dining/kitchen combo.  
I have this in my house and I'm sort of over it.  I wish things were slightly more divided up. 
 All I could see when I saw this table was fingerprints.  Glass tables and kids just aren't a smart mix.  Unless you are the CEO of Windex.
 Right off the kitchen was the mudroom/garage door.  Again, open cubbies = mess for everyone to see.  No thanks. 
 Lauren loved the living room chairs and pretended to be the queen.  Who are we kidding, she IS the queen.
 Living room with the ugliest fireplace ever. 
I do love the couch and chairs though. 
View walking into the living room of the loft upstairs.  You could turn this into another small bedroom if needed. 
Master bedroom.  It was a nice size but my mom didn't like that you could see right into the master bedroom when you walked into the front door.   It was pretty odd.
The master bath was very large as was the walk in closet. 

So master on the main, 3 bedrooms + loft upstairs, and office.  4041 square feet total (including the basement) 
Price of this place was $389,000 I believe.  
For that much I would rather find my own lot/builder and go to town with a floor plan I really loved.  This one did not seem worth the money at all.

1 comments:

kjtroxel said...

I like both homes...but i usually like model homes...they are clean and clutter free :) Maybe someone should stage them with toys scattered about, laundry on the floor, and more crumbs on the floor so its more realistic. I love the outside of home #1 and I need that couch!