Thursday, March 14, 2013

Model Home Tour #1

It's not a secret I LOVE going to look at model homes.  Maybe because they are all new and shiny with zero clutter?  It's fun to see how they are decorated and maybe get some fresh ideas on what to do with my little home.  
So Lauren, my mom and I took a little drive yesterday and found this model by Fieldstone Homes.  Hate to say it, but this builder was around when Dan and I were house hunting and their floorplans were AWFUL.  

Looks like they've done some major re-vamping in that department and they are really cute houses!  Not sure on the quality though? 

This model was3156 sq ft

As is was $265,000 - not too bad with all the upgrades they had.

Anyhow..here's a few rooms I thought were cute! Not my best photos, but you'll get the idea!
 This kitchen was such a great size...sigh.  And the pale blue wall color was just perfect.
   Quartz countertops.  Look at all that workspace!  
I am loving these putty colored cabinets with the white subway tile backsplash!  
Cute green hutch.  I love the dark wood floors but geesh these were dirty.  I know they look good when clean, but you must have to clean these things 100 times a day. 
 It was a really nice sized family room.  Better space than mine to be sure.  At least there is more than one place to put the couch, unlike in my house. I really loved the couch.  It was this neutral nubby woven fabric that would hold up well with my rough and tumble kids.  I'll never buy a cotton couch again, lesson learned.
 Pretty blue tiled fireplace.  I'm not a huge fan of using color for things like this.  But if you are good at re-tiling when you are sick of blue in 5 years, then I guess it's not a big deal?
 Decent sized mud room going out to the garage. I think I like cabinets better that hide all the clutter.  I've never seen a "normal" mudroom that looks like this. 
 Upstairs was the master bedroom.  Huge space with a lot of light!
 Master Bath vanity.  I love all that counter space! I still hate cleaning two sinks.  I know everyone thinks master baths should have two sinks, I just think it's one more to clean. 
 Hall bathroom
They had this bedroom staged as a craft room.  There was an office downstairs in the entry but it was a cluttered mess so I didn't take pictures of that.
Boys room.  I still love the simple board and batten look.  
There was another girls room upstairs but it was pretty boring.
 Upstairs laundry with cute red cabinets
Nice loft space...
So a 4 bedroom/2.5 bath with loft & office. 
You know, like what I have now pretty much.  It's hard to think of moving when the space you have is the same and on a bigger lot.  But I am getting itchy to do some painting now, love that blue!

We went and saw 2 others...I will post those tomorrow!  

0 comments: