Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Greg's Baptism Day!

I would love to say what a great day it was...
   
And for Greg, it WAS!  
 We are Mormon and Greg chose to be baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints earlier this month!
 He was a little nervous, but pretty excited to have his dad baptize him!
 He loved wearing his new "grown up" tie.  I really need to learn how to do that...tie a tie!

We had a nice program at the church where his Nanny gave a talk on testimony.  We were able to share this day with our Bishop's family and their son, one of Greg's friends.  

In our church, we baptize by immersion.  Greg does NOT like being cold and was relieved to find that the water was nice and warm in the baptismal font that morning!  

We all came home afterward for a nice luncheon.  He wanted me to serve his favorite food, steak.  But we went with some other favorites, hot dogs, chili, chips and salads.  

He requested his favorite desserts of Rice Krispy Treats,  
 and a blue dinosaur cake from CostCo that said "Choose the Right"
 (ALL Greg picking that one out!)

I was so happy my mom and dad could be there!  Dad was in the hospital 2 nights earlier so it was a little iffy there for awhile....him and Greg are great buddies, it would have been sad for him to not be there.
 I have ZERO pictures of me and Greg on this day...NONE!  We did a few family shots outside and someone changed my settings so they all turned out like this: 
 Yes - that's a picture.  We look like aliens. 
 It was a great day...
Greg had no idea that after a crazy Friday of cleaning and getting the house/food ready that I did not get more than one hour of sleep!  
For some reason I woke up in the middle of the night, and I knew if I went back to sleep, I would NOT wake up.
Dizzy, shaking, total out of body horrible experience. 

I needed to go the hospital but I knew if I did, I would miss his early morning baptism.  

So I stayed up. All.Night.Long!  Went to his baptism a dizzy and sick mess but made it through to an InstaCare visit later that day after everyone left!  WHEW!

I am so proud of Greg and his choice to be baptized!  
  

1 comments:

Desiree said...

Are you okay?! What was wrong? Girl you are amazing for making your kid's milestones so spectacular when you feel like dog doo. You deserve a vacation. A sunny and warm and stress free and drama free beach vacation...
I hope you are feeling better.