Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fifty Shades of WHAT?

I am SO excited to be the Book Fair Chairperson at my kids elementary school this year!  I seriously love to read, I love books and I love throwing parties.  
It's PTA perfection for me!

I attended a meeting this morning at Scholastic to learn more about the detail of throwing a fair.  I took a lot of notes, got my Idea book and they even gave everyone there a free book.  
Sweet, I love free stuff.
The only bad part of the meeting was that the food table was right behind me and I kept smelling these delicious bagels for the whole two hours.  When you are trying to avoid bagels, bread, etc...this is not a happy thing.  Why do things like that smell SO much better when you tell yourself you can't have them?!

My mature "business meeting with all the other soccer moms" demeanor gave way to a small fit of giggles and wishing I had a friend there to laugh with when I picked up a card of bookmarks.  My eyebrows shot right up and I started to laugh...
 Ages 12 and up?  I hope so!  I know this isn't the same as "50 Shades.." but still!  Close enough?
(A book I am choosing very deliberately not to read by the way...)
What a very very unfortunate book title for this author!

4 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

You crack me up. My sister had to tell me about that other book...we saw someone reading it by the pool. :)

kjtroxel said...

hahaha! I saw some friends by the pool reading the "other" book too. I heard it is over the top racy!
Your school is lucky to be having you serve on PTA! Now if you'd just come and be MY room mom! ;)

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends read the "other" book and told me about it. I had no idea before she told me about it, what it even was or was about. For weeks after she told me about it I was haunted by what she told me. Ick and ick! I think that title is WAY to close for comfort: I don't like that that bookmark could possibly lead kids to the other book...

Kari said...

Can't wait to visit the book fair this year! With you in charge it's bound to be fabulous!