Friday, January 6, 2012

Downton Abbey

Who is watching Downton Abbey? 
I started it a few days ago (only seven episodes so far) and I love it!  It's pretty much a soap opera with starched collars and button up shoes but I love it.  The newest episode starts on Sunday night and I can hardly wait! 
 If you haven't checked this series out, you should.  It's SO good!  Even if Dan says he can't understand a word of it.  Maggie Smith is perfect in her character as Dowager Countess Lady Grantham:
Lady Grantham: "You are quite wonderful the way you see room for improvement wherever you look. I never knew such reforming zeal."
Mrs. Crawley: "I take that as a compliment."
Lady Grantham: "I must've said it wrong."

I just found that a book has been written about the actual inhabitants of the real Downton Abbey or Highclere Castle.  It might be on my list for book club...


I'm also, thanks to my new mandatory treadmill time, finally all caught up on my other guilty pleasure - The Vampire Diaries.  I was all for Stefan but now I'm hoping Damon and Elena get together, even more fun since they are dating in real life.

What are you watching these days? 

8 comments:

Melinda said...

That is my favorite show right now! I finished all the seasons available and am going through major withdrawal! I love all the etiquette and meals, the cute period clothes. Everything.

kjtroxel said...

haha "I must have said it wrong" :)
going to check that out for sure...I love well done period pieces! esp. the clothes

kelvis said...

Meeeeeee! Mike has already accepted the fact that he is sleeping in the guest room for the next six Sundays, since our bedroom TV is the only one that picks up PBS, and since it's on waaaay past his bedtime.

Heidi Totten said...

I really have a boring TV watching schedule. Biggest Loser, Parenthood, and How I met Your Mother. One "reality", one drama, one comedy.

When and what time is it on?

Olson's said...

What in the world? Elena and Damon are dating in real life? This makes the kiss they shared last week on the show so much more dramatic :) Love that you are all caught up on OUR guilty pleasure!

Kari said...

Just had a friend tell me about Downton Abbey and how much she loves it. Can't wait to give it a try! Thank heavens for Netflix, I'll be caught up in no time!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad to find out that you watch and like Vampire Diaries. It is sitting in my Netflix Queue just waiting to be watched but I didn't know if it was any good so I put off on starting it. I am going to give Downton Abbey a try too! I love TV!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

We watched it tonight. Isn't it great???