Monday, October 5, 2009

No WAY

Before I get back to boring you with our vacation pictures...I need to see if I am the only one who thinks this is not cool.

So Graham was invited to a birthday party. He is friends with the boy from school last year but they no longer attend the same school nor am I friends with his parents. (I had to ask the mom her name when she showed up at my door with the invite so that gives you a clue)

But I let Graham go.

They live in an apartment now and when we got there (ON time) all his presents had already been opened? Hmmm, strange. I got there ON time to pick Graham up and there are just the parents at the door.

"Where is my son?"

"Oh, they are at the playground playing."
Me: "Who is with them?" (meaning, who is the responsible adult watching them?)
Her: (rudely) "Uh, THEY ARE. It's totally safe"

WHAT?!

I was bothered by this but what could I do? I immediately started to go walking to find Graham and there were only 3-4 older kids on the playground along with some teenagers sitting there smoking! NO GRAHAM!!

I was MAD!!!! We finally find the 4 kids who had gone clear back to the opposite side of the complex (not a small one either!) and I took Graham home.

REALLY? Do people think that is REALLY ok these days?

10 comments:

Kitty said...

So NOT Cool.
I'm with you sister.

I'm happy Graham was okay. It's really scarry.

hugs,
Kat

Allison said...

Seriously? That is ridiculous! I would have been fuming! (I bet you were ;))

Olson's said...

No, not okay....What were they thinking? Needless to say he won't be going to their house again, right?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, not cool. Did you have that sick feeling in your stomach because you just wanted to scream but knew you couldn't? I get that way when people are RETARDED and then I come home and take it out on Kendrick. Hope you didn't end up taking it out on Dan...
and if you did, hope he's okay.

Nic said...

No! I would have died!

Rae said...

Some people are so clueless!!! So glad to hear Graham was okay. Is there any wonder why we have to be so protective!!

NatRat said...

Oh..man! Not acceptable. I would be so mad too, especially when you didn't see Graham there. I am glad he is okay.

Meredith said...

WOW!! That really is unbelievable that someone would think that was ok. It's one thing to be irresponsible with your own children, but to put other people's children in danger with no regard is just insane.

Glad Graham and the other kids were safe.

Nae said...

OMGosh! I had a similar thing happen to us, it took us 45 minutes to find Hannah. The Mom was like, "she's around here somewhere." She was 5 years old! Some parents are such idiots. I'm so glad Grahm is safe!

Jenny and Jared said...

I don't see what the big deal is? Just kidding. Its just I couldn't think of anything else to say other than what had already been said. I would have been extremely upset- next year I guess you will just RSVP an emphatic NO.