Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hello Lover

Have you missed me?

I've seen you trying to be coy, glancing my way every time I walk into the basement. I try not to look. "I don't have time for you, I'm not good enough for you!" are my thoughts as I force myself to think about what to make for dinner.

But you finally won me over. What are people going to think?
They are going to think I am nuts, that's what. I am a craft sewer I would call it. I do great straight lines. Throw in a sleeve or a buttonhole and I'm helpless. It's Mr. Bryan's fault from 7th grade. I was too busy putting on lip gloss during Home Ec in case I saw him at our lockers afterwards to worry about learning to sew. And I was too impatient with my grandmother to stop and learn from her. I regret that.

Bib and burp cloth set I made for Miss Lauren

No cats here, just call me the Crazy Burp Cloth Lady. Who are they for you ask? I have no clue. But aren't they cute? I just went nuts with some fabric I had lying around...which leads to another problem...

I L.O.V.E fabric. I get this from my grandmother - but my heart just races when I see bolt after bold of cute fabric. Kj introduced me to a very dangerous shop and now I am in trouble.
"What is this fabric for Kristen?" you ask. I have NO IDEA. But I loved the blue so much I kept thinking about it all night and went back and got 3 yards of it. And it was on sale!

Right now I'm thinking a cute dress for Lauren next summer with some big fat polka dot ruffles.


MORE? Yes, more!!! Again..no idea what I'm using it for, but isn't it darling?

And on a side note, my foot pedal for my machine is now being used as Speed Racer's jump ramp. I knew I shouldn't have brought this bad habit upstairs.

And for all you fellow comment junkies....check this out!

11 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Oooh, what's the name of the shop?!

Keysha said...

Great fabric! My sewing machine is collecting dust in the top of Carsen's closet...

I need to learn to sew. That is what is keeping me away. I took home ec, but I was too impatient with my mom to learn to sew. (regrets).

SCRAPPNMOM said...

Oh so pretty! It reminds me of scrapbook paper which I LOVE and collect way too much of, even though I have switched to digital scrapbooking. You could make a very cute sun dress out of that.

Anonymous said...

I too get that giddy feeling around fabric. I cant really sew but I do try. I find myself doing it the nester way...Thanks for letting us take a peep at your goodies. Wish I had a little one to buy burp cloths for. maybe one day! Susie H

Tiffany said...

I love me some fabric. And, I am a Cali girl who lived in St. George for 3 years, so your id made me laugh!

Thanks so much for stopping by SITS and posting your button! Please check back daily to support the featured blogger with lots of comments!

And, if you'd like to be featured, please email us links to the 3 your 3 best posts!

Heidi and Judd said...

Sooo cute!! I love those!! Your so funny, at least Dan can sleep at night knowing who your other "lover" is!

Kari said...

I want that fabric!! I too don't know what I would do with it. But just seeing it sit in the pile with my other "what should I do with it" fabric would make me happy. I'm drooling!!

kjtroxel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

I LOVE fabric too. I sew when I have the time, but I go to the fabric store and walk out with yards of goodness, bring it home and lovingly arrange it. I have a problem.

Kitty said...

Pretty Kristen,
Did I ever tell you that I got a sewing machine instead of drivers ed. Do you remember how old I was when I finally got my drivers license? Anyhow, my sister broke it a few years ago and it is beyond repair. How sad. So, my Dan is hoping to talk my family into getting my one for my birthday. I am so envious of your project time and your pretty fabric. Maybe someday we'll live in the same place and we can do art projects together. I don't like the word craft so I replace it with art. Love you.

Chris said...

You know what? I love fabric too, but I'm just so intimidated by it! You keep sewing, and I'll just copy all your straight lines! :-)