Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday -Living Room!!


It's the second week of "Show Us Where You Live Friday" over at Kelly's Korner! Did you know much I loved looking at everyone's kitchen's last week? I was trying so hard to be polite and leave a comment for every single one I went to but they kept adding on! I think I stopped around 100! Whew! I'm still looking at them, gotten some great decorating ideas and made a few new blog friends along the way!

My family room is sort of - plain. I love my furniture set but I haven't gotten too far past that. I've had two babies since we moved in 4 years ago and I'm just now seeing the swings, bouncie seat, playpens, etc. leave the house! (Yes!!)
So after 4 years of baby clutter I am just enjoying a bit of "not much going on here."

The tables were my grandmothers that Dan painted black.I think they look cute for now and it doesn't bother me a bit when there are Matchbox car races on them.

Looking back from the couch to the kitchen and entry.
Other view of the room.
Walking in from the office into the kitchen/family room. I have no excuse for not having curtains. I honestly just don't know what color to put up and now I'm thinking of re-doing the whole color scheme upstairs. This is my NEW family room going in downstairs! We have 1300 square feet in the basement and Dan has started framing it out. Should be done in...well, he has a full time job and does this when he's not going to t-ball and soccer etc. Let's just say it's coming along and it will be so nice to have the space when it's done!

Sometimes I don't like the "open concept" kitchen/family room so much. I wish things were a little more seperated out. But then there are times when I love it - it really is the ideal house for parties...

See my cute book club friends? This was ONE of the tables I had set up - I could seat 20 women for dinner! We had 65 family members and friends come for Lauren's baby blessing last May. And it never felt crowded! So I guess the good (space!) comes with the bad (you can see the dirty dishes in the sink when you just want to relax and watch tv - the guilt!)

Can't wait to see everyone's homes! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I love the fabric on your couch - my mom has one similar and it's just so great!

Melinda said...

That was a great party you threw, by the way. I'll return to book club again once school lets out :)

noahandlylasmommi said...

Love your couch! Beautiful home. Thanks for sharing!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Oh, we know about slow going projects at our home! I love looking in to your home. I'm going to have to go have a look at Kelly's Korner.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Thanks for sharing. Isn't it so much fun snooping in other people's homes? Looks like you have a very exciting project on your hands!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Mommyto3andahusky said...

what a fun house! :) Looks so homey and family oriented. Love it! :)

Carrie and Shane said...

It was really fun to get your comment. I hope your talk went well, and you kids were well behaved:)

kjtroxel said...

ou have a darling home. The pics really don't do it justice. :)

NatRat said...

You do have a great house for parties, you just have a great house. The basement is looking fab!

Meredith said...

I love your grandmother's table painted black. :) How nice to have NO toys in the living room!! The furniture fabrics are great--I have always been a big fan of mixing patterns.