Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thrifty Treasures Monday!

I swear that my boys are getting better at yard sales than I am!  Greg begged me to take him Saturday morning and to be honest, I wasn't really in the mood.  GASP!!!

But 10 minutes later there were the three of us ready to go.

The boys found two sets of boxing gloves at the first sale. 
$10.00 each set. (!!!)
The lady saw my little boys fists full of change and let them have them for $1.00 per set.  She made their day!
 I got the following for LuLu:
 Everything was $1 a piece.  The Scout shirt is large but it might come in handy when Graham is 10?  Or I might just keep it in case a boy in my Pack needs one. But they aren't cheap ($23 new!) and for $1 I thought I would chance it!
This wasn't even for sale!  It was on the driveway with other pots, but when I asked the lady how much her and her husband said they'd never seen it before but would sell it to me for 25 cents.

I'm going to make a salt bucket for my porch this winter with it. (Yes, Kari, totally copying you!)


Best part of the morning was Greg yelling out in the car after finding a $50 Death Star Transformer for $2... 
 "We are the luckiest garage salers EVER!"


Linking up to...
Rhoda at


7 comments:

Nic said...

I Love it!! You are teaching those boys right...LOL!

Leanne said...

Very cute outfits for your little girl. That scout shirt was a great buy too. They're so expensive. Yes, you're right about the DI. Their prices have gone up and sometimes they're really random too. I feel I have to look through a lot more for a good price. Have you tried Savers? I think their prices are a little better.

kjtroxel said...

indeed you are Greg! ;)
Loving that plaid skirt for Lulu...C.U.T.E.

Kitty said...

I love that little polka dotted shirt. Lulu is going to look so cute in it. I just bought a bucket like that. You scored!
love love,
Kitty

Melinda said...

If it's big enough, that bucket would also be cute to use at a BBQ to ice down some sodas!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Your boys sound like they are as into it as my girls are! :) Love your finds...that salt bucket will come in handy. :) Thank you so much for the visit!

Pam Kessler said...

That is so cute that the boys like to garage sale. My son gets grumpy after one or two sales :(. Good finds.