Monday, June 29, 2009

Well SHOOT!

I got into a fender bender. And the chick is now saying it's my fault so I'll have to replace her bumper on her already beat up car. Seriously, her car looked like it had been in 50 accidents.

I have been in 2 accidents in over 20 years driving, neither being my fault.

Thankfully no one was hurt but I have already been stressed out and this had pushed me over the limit.


Until I got home to find that Graham intentionally made a L shaped rip in the seat of my fabric couch. I may or may not have said a swear word, loudly.

That pushed me to clear out his room of everything except a bed and clothing. If he can't take care of MY things, then he gets NOTHING.




ps...posting anon is cowardly.
If you think I am ungrateful for my husbands job you can kiss it. My husband is one of the most honorable and hard working men I know and I tell him that often. I'm sorry if you think I should be flipping out over a parking lot carnival. SO not happening.

12 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Oh no! That is awful! I'm sorry you had such a crap day. :( And GOOD for you on the punishment. That is awesome!

Amber B. said...

Sorry you have had such a rough day. Hope tomorrow is better!! :-)

Kitty said...

Pretty Kristen,

I am so sorry. Your day sounds super bad. I hope your neck gets better (I read about that on facebook) and you have a better day tomorrow. Take yourself out to Starbucks. You deserve it.

love you,
Kat

Kitty said...

Hey,

People who leave mean comments are MEAN.

I delete them.

p.s.
I love the site you emailed me about.

kjtroxel said...

OOOOHHH NO! I am so sorry all that happened.
Bad things happen in 3 (anon comment, crash, couch) so your done with the bad...bring on the good!

Jo said...

I hope today is beginning a little bright for you. Days like yesterday are horrible ~ one bad thing just seems to lead to another ~ ugh!
Jo

Chris said...

First of all, I'm way behind on my blog reading. I had so much to catch up on! I secretly hate you for all the great deals you've been finding at garage sales lately. Well, I guess it's not really secret anymore, is it? Secondly, I'm glad you're alright. I know the accident is super annoying and frustrating, but you ARE ok. That's great. And lastly...I LOVE that you took everything out of Graham's room. That made me laugh out loud. I could totally see myself doing that!

Anonymous said...

Geese, I'm sorry! When it rains, it pour right? If it makes you feel better, I may or may not use choice swear words just about everyday...

KEYSHA said...

I want you to write a parenting book...you are hilarious! (Sorry if this isn't the time to be funny, but you are!) What a smart way to discipline! I am going to use that! (Along with the workbook pages everyday. I bought a workbook at Costco and I need you to refresh me on your system!)

Sorry about your car accident...Why didn't I know about this? I must not be a very attentive friend...I should've found this out last night!!!

If it's any consolation to your crap day..you're awesome!

Heidi said...

I love the discipline technique - I'm gonna have to remember that - I hope things start looking up...

Heidi and Judd said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day! I'm having a bad week! My poor Sister's house got broken into, so sad! I don't know about you, but I'm so ready for this week to be over!

Allison said...

That just sucks rocks! (My aunt used to always say that. It always makes me laugh.) I hope it all works out and that you are okay. Love the way you disciplined. Very smart. BTW is it a bridge school activity book you use? I use those to. Really like them. But I have to ask (I love good ideas) what is your "system" that Keysha asked about?