Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Dining Room!


Are you thinking - didn't she post this picture last time? You should, because I did, to see the whole family room you have to look at the dining room!
I love that we are always in this space together but I have found I don't like that the kids want to watch tv during dinner time! Or that the table and counter gets used as a catch all with the kids things. We're working on that! Love my black buffet and change out the top decor often with the seasons and holidays!
Here is a picture of our kitchen from the model we looked at. Has anyone else been weird like me and done this? I wanted to be able to go back and see how they did things!Love my Ballard chandelier too - it was one of the first things I changed after moving in. You should have seen the light fixture the house came with. We saw it - for $25 at Lowe's . What a piece of junk. I decorate this too for Christmas..Birthdays and baby showers! Too fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Heather said...

I love your room!! So cute and I love your fixture and the different items you hang from it, cute!!!

Tina said...

What a great idea to use the fixture to help with special decorating. I do this too, but not as well!! :)
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea so I stole it! Your house is always darling and I love when you post about your cute new garage sale finds:)

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

Very pretty dining room. I love the idea of hanging decorations from the chandelier. I may have to "borrow" that one.

Cece

beckylbranch said...

oh I love that last picture! The flower "mobile" on your chandelier is so awesome!

Nic said...

Very cute! I LOVE looking at other people's houses.

Anonymous said...

love your lighting fixture and how you decorated it!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Very warm and inviting! Thanks for the tour!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Laurie said...

That is a VERY good idea about taking pacifiers to the nursery. Emily has been like your niece-never without one. I always try to take it out for pictures.
Saturday night was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! I will post about it later.
I love your dining room!

Chris said...

OH man. What I wouldn't do to have those high ceilings! Love the pink balls hanging from the chandelier. Paper balls, Kris, paper balls! Gees!