Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kids Bathroom Remodel

 I decided to re-do the kids bathroom.  If you are wondering why LuLu looks about 14 months here it's because this is when I started the project - last APRIL.  
There are some really cool girls, like Chris, that can start and finish a project in a day.  I'm more of a "love to plan it and procrastinate finishing it" sort of girl.  That and I painted this room twice.
  
LuLu doing a jig.  This is because she has yet to find out she has to share a bathroom with two boys.  And we all know, boys are gross.
I first painted the room a really great white.  It was such a great white that it made all the fixtures look dirty gray with a "collage rental apartment" feel.  I've lived in college dorms, I put in my time. So it was not what I was gong for.

THE AFTER
 Ta-da!!  The brightest room in the house!  Light aqua on the walls, fun fluffy orange on the rugs!  
Gender friendly for all!
 Cute little toothpaste cup.  Little beach umbrella action.  Just noticed LuLu has been chewing on her toothbrush.  She has about 10 of them that she carries around the house with her. Sometimes I put an action figure in the chair.  If the boys tell me they've brushed their teeth and I think they are lying I'll ask them...
"Who's in the beach chair?"  
"No, Greg, it's not Darth Vader - hello, it was R2.  Now march yourself back upstairs to brush.
Such a mean mom.
 
Cute glassy hooks I found at HomeGoods for $5.00
Still need towel hooks.  Glass ones to match the shower curtain ones.  That no one seems to make.  So we might have to come up with a plan B.
Also need a cabinet up here.  Might do something else fun, not sure what.  I'll take a picture of Lauren and Greg standing next to it when it's done - they should be 12 and 15 by then!

18 comments:

Julia said...

I love the color combo here. And orange is my favorite color. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I like it

http://www.peoplevents.blogspot.com

Twice as Nice said...

What a fun bathroom for the kids and I love the color on the walls. Maybe you can find a beachy towel holder or take a board add some paint, distress it and add glass knobs from Hobby Lobby to it. Lookin' good!

TAMI said...

Yes - a fun bathroom!! Why does it have to be for the kids??!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day, I greatly appreciate it, and now I'm here to spread the comment-love!
Love the colour combo in the bathroom!

Melinda said...

I love the beachy blue walls! Oh how I miss the coast during this season, ok actually all the time :)

Heidi said...

It looks awesome! I hope to learn some home skills sometime really soon!

Chris said...

Uhh...didn't you ask me about this bathroom back in 1994? It's WAY cute. I love the color on the walls and how everything just pops! Well done, lady!

Lulu's jig is cracking me up. That girl!

NatRat said...

Very nice...fun colors.

kjtroxel said...

You're so cute. I love the trickery with the action figure...clever!
This turned out so cute! Love that blue.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Looks really cute - so cheery and bright!

Unknown said...

Too cute - I love the bright colors.
:-)

Unknown said...

Great job! I love those little glass knobs too. Makes me long for summer~

ExtraordinaryMommy said...

Fabulous job! The new bathroom is gorgeous - looks like you and I share similar timetables for projects :)

Katinka said...

Stopping by from SITS and wishing you a HAPPY MONDAY!!!!

Michelle said...

That's fabulous! Maybe you can buy another set of bathroom rings and remove the 'diamonds' then modge podge them onto the ends of regular looking towel hooks. It might work, I really have no idea. I hope you find something though.

Love the idea of the action figure in the beach chair. As long as he doesn't get smart and look to see what's sitting on the chair and still not brush his teeth!!

Stopping by from SITS.

beckylbranch said...

Oh it looks so GREAT! I love the color and the beachy theme...you did a fabulous job and it is very gender neutral :)

Twincerely,Olga said...

stopping by from SITs!!! great blog! your bathroom looks Fabulous!!where in the world did you find that cup/ tooth brush holder?? really I want to get one!!Plz e-mail me when you have time!
and please stop by