Friday, June 12, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Bathrooms!!


Well I never thought I'd be using exclamation points after the word bathroom but here we go!
You are only getting my guest bathroom - I am in mid re-design process with the kids bathroom upstairs so right now it is builder boring to look at. Mine really doesn't get all that exciting either. I need a trip or two to TJMaxx to fix that problem fast.


But here is our sad little hall bath before...Why did I leave it so blah and undecorated? Because I had two little boys to potty train. Boys are gross. I have one picture of a mess that one boy left after using this bathroom that I can use for some serious blackmail later on in his life.

It only took one large jug of bleach to clean it all up again. So I waited till Greg was done and in January when Dan said he wanted to finish the basement I gave him this as his "Let's see if you can finish a bathroom in 2 weeks let alone start a basement" project. He passed with flying colors and had the sink back in 30 minutes before my guests arrived.

Here is the after. I love this green - same as my office, Homestead Resort Pale Olive. Still wanting to replace the light fixture but haven't found what I want for a price I like yet!
I think Dan did a fantastic job on the beadboard - I love this little space now. Of course I also love having boys who can now use their own bathroom upstairs 90% of the time!
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

KIMBERLY said...

YOUR BATHROOM RENOVATION IS SUPER! THANKS ALSO FOR THE SWEET COMMENTS ON MY BLOG! WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE VENETIAN GOLD GRANITE... WE HAVE EXTREMELY HARD WATER THAT SPOTS EVERYTHING, BUT YOU CANT SEE A THING ON THE BUSY AND COLORFUL GOLD AND BLACK... YOU WILL LOVE IT! BE SURE TO POST PICS WHEN YOU GET IT INSTALLED!

Anonymous said...

I love your guest bath. It is a very cute and cozy place to relieve oneself;)

Sonya said...

I love the color!!

He did an amazing job. I wish my husband was handy like that. :)

Embellished Bayou said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog...your bathroom looks lovely. I love the beadboard!

Kim said...

I love that color green! And how I adore bead board! We had it in one of our bathrooms at our old house after an extensive reno! I so love the look of it!