Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Raspberry Peach Freezer Jam

Dan and I made some raspberry peach freezer jam....

Does it look yummy or what?  It is so so good!  It only took us about an hour to make five batches worth.  
I also had enough basil in my garden to make this:
One whole cup of pesto!
Just in case I die and Dan doesn't know what the green paste in the freezer is or what to do with it!  
I keep thinking of more things I would like to can but honestly, the time thing is a huge factor.  
I did order my carpet today...my hand shakily wrote out the hefty deposit check.  I'm not used to spending so much at once! 

5 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

You mean you actually let hubby come up from the basement to help make jam? That was sweet of you!! What can't the man do? HA Looks delicious.

Kitty said...

Yum, yum!

I hear you on writing big checks. We bought the upholstery for our furniture project the other day and I freaked out. But the excitment of the final outcome is so worth it. That carpet is going to be the most amazing carpet EVER.

love love,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

That jam looks delish!!! I might very well need to get the recipe from you. I am planning on planting raspberries and an apple and peach tree next year...


BTW-did you leave something on my porch the other night or was that Kristen Farmer?

Allison said...

Good for you! I do raspberry freezer jam every year. And every year I need to make more because I run out. I've never done raspberry/peach. Sounds divine. I'll trade you a jar for a jar...I want to try it.

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.